Socrates is an international, multi-disciplinary refereed and indexed scholarly journal interested in promoting research in Language and Literature, Philosophy, Political Science and Law. They are now accepting submissions for papers and creative pieces that engage with aspects of postcolonialism and postcoloniality for their upcoming special issue, Investigating Postcoloniality and Postcolonialism as the Empire Writes Back.
The deadline for submissions is February 28th, 2018. Click here to see their complete cfp and submission guidelines.
The University of Leeds is hosting an international three-day conference on world literature and its connections to cosmopolitanism, memory studies, and many other aspects of capitalist modernity including refugee crises, neo-fascisms and environmental disaster. Possible paper topics include:
- Economic crisis
- Combined and uneven development
- Postcolonialism and decolonial struggles
- Animal studies
- Biopolitics/ necropolitics
- Settler colonialism
- Indigenous studies
- Literary sociology (e.g., print culture, book market, UNESCO)
Click here to view their full cfp, or here to visit their conference page.
The conference is scheduled to take place June 20th-22nd, 2018, but the deadline for abstract submissions is coming up very soon – January 15th!
The Department of Comparative World Literature and Classics of California State University in Long Beach is currently accepting abstract submissions for their 53rd annual conference, “Borders, Place, and Translations.” Possible paper topics include:
- Political places such as the border, the city, the region, and the nation
- Personal places in literature, film, and other media
- Speculative and conceptual places such as haunted houses, mazes, and fictionalized landscapes
- Digital spaces, social media, and the borders of selective community discourse
- The concept of borders and their relationship to diaspora studies and identity studies
- The locus classicus, or the “places” of literary texts
- The relationship of language translation to place
- The concept of translation beyond the linguistic
The deadline for submissions is February 2nd, 2018, and the conference will take place April 25th-26th, 2018. Click here to view their complete cfp.